Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter Three
MANKATO (August 9, 2023) — To support health and wellness in our region, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $60,000 in grants to community organizations during quarter three.
Grants approved in quarter three are:
- WellShare International – Project Well-Being which helps sustain a community health worker hub in Mankato – $30,000
- Mankato Youth (MY) Place Sensory Room – $12,500 in 2023 ($50,000 over 4 years)
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures – scholarships for children to attend a summer camp for kids with type 1 diabetes – $5,000
- SMILES – purchase adaptive bicycles for individuals with disabilities – $5,000
- Catholic Charities of Southern Minnesota – mental health services for individuals with low incomes – $4,000
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Elementary School – School-wide Positive Behavior Supports program (Wanted: Noble Knights is this year’s theme) – $2,500
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota – First Aid, CPR and AED training – $1,000
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $2 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations and programs.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at Mankato Clinic Foundation. The next grant application deadline is September 1.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by funding local programs, scholarships and organizations that improve people’s health and wellness. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.