Mankato Clinic Foundation
Our mission is to encourage and support the health and well-being of our community through health initiatives that promote and improve community wellness.
Giving back to the community is part of the fabric that makes Mankato Clinic what it is.
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the Foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community.
The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.
Building a Thriving Community:
The Foundation is involved in efforts to help enhance the health of adults and children throughout southern Minnesota.
- Community grant program—provides funds to local non-profit organizations with programs focused on health and wellness.
- ImPACT®—a concussion management program provided to school and community athletic programs to safely determine when athletes can return to play.
- First Steps—a community initiative that links new or expecting parents to free or low-cost services and resources. Click here for more information.
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota—Mankato Clinic Tree of Forts Climber
- Scholarships—offered to greater Mankato students entering health care programs.
If you are an area non-profit organization in need of funding for a program or initiative that promotes health and wellness in our communities, please click on the link below. We have partnered with the Mankato Area Foundation for grant applications. If you already have an account, you may log in. Others will need to crate an account.
- Mankato Clinic Foundation Grant Process
- Questions: Contact Marie Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-389-8716.
Ways to Give
If you would like to help build a healthier tomorrow for our greater Mankato communities, you can give to the Mankato Clinic Foundation in a variety of ways:
- Annual Mankato Clinic Foundation Golf Tournament
- checks and memorials
- property, securities, and other appreciated assets
- bequests or testamentary trusts
- charitable gift annuities with a return for the remainder of the donor’s life
- unitrusts, charitable remainder trusts
- life insurance designations
Donations can be mailed to:
Mankato Clinic Foundation
ATTN: Marcia Bahr
1400 Madison Avenue, Suite 324B
Mankato, MN 56001
To learn more, call the Foundation office at 507-389-8770.
In the last 10 years, Mankato Clinic Foundation has awarded more than $1.8 million in grants.
Funding went to the following organizations in 2022:
- Aging Services for Communities
- Boy Scouts of America Twin Valley Council
- Bridges Community School
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures
- City of Saint Peter
- Educare Foundation
- Feeding Our Communities Partner
- Friends of Learning
- Good Counsel Learning Center
- Greater Mankato Area United Way
- Helping Paws of Minnesota
- House of Hope
- Junior Achievement of Greater Mankato
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Schools
- Life-Work Planning Center
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
- Mankato Area Foundation
- Mankato Youth (MY) Place
- MNSU Foundation
- Miracle League of North Mankato
- MN Brain Injury Force
- MRCI Worksource
- New Foundations St. Peter: Project Let’s G.O.
- St. Peter North Elementary
- South Central Minnesota Food Recovery
- VINE Faith in Action
- WellShare International
- YWCA Mankato
Mankato Clinic Foundation is Also A Long-Term Supporter of:
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – First Steps program
- Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund
- ImPACT – Concussion management program
- Mankato North Mankato Youth Football – Helmets
- South Central College Foundation: Scholarships for students entering health care