Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter Three
Wednesday, September 08, 2021
MANKATO (September 3, 2021) — To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $20,750 in grants to community organizations during quarter three.
Receiving grants for quarter three are:
- South Central MN Food Recovery – Ready-made meals form recovered foods ($6,000)
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra – Free Family Fun Series ($1,500)
- Friends of Learning – Back to School Project ($4,000)
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Elementary – Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports ($2,500)
- Connections Ministry – Summer Outreach and Case Management ($2,500)
- Good Counsel Learning Center – Family Literacy Scholarships ($3,500)
- City of Saint Peter Recreation and Leisure Services – Active Aging Week ($750)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is December 1, 2021.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.