Mankato Clinic Foundation announces grant recipients during quarter one
MANKATO (February 9, 2023) — To support health and wellness in our region, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $96,125 in grants to community organizations during quarter one.
Grants approved in quarter one are:
- Centenary United Methodist Church – Holy Grounds Breakfast($3,000
- Connections Ministry emergency shelter – $5,000
- Educare Foundation – $25,000
- Greater Mankato Area United Way-First Steps – $42,125
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – Project Community Connect – $1,000
- Life-Work Planning Center – Women in Transition – $4,000
- Mankato Youth (MY) Place – $7,500
- Mankato YWCA Girls on the Run scholarships – $3,000
- St. Peter North Elementary Kindness Retreat – $3,500
- Southern MN Crisis Nursery – $2,000
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations and programs.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found here. The next grant application deadlines are March 1 and June 1.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.