Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
As a woman, your health needs change throughout your life. We are here to care for women from their first menstrual cycle through menopause. We know that great care involves listening, treating the physical and emotional needs of the women we serve and providing a comfortable, relaxed and professional environment. We provide the latest comprehensive evaluation, diagnostic procedures and health maintenance programs available.
Whether you’re looking to conceive or are already pregnant, we are here to help keep you healthy and guide you through a safe pregnancy and delivery. Our full range of obstetric services includes:
- pre-conception counseling
- prenatal care
- family-based labor and delivery care
- evaluation and diagnostic services for complex obstetrical patients
- OB education classes
- Medications that can be utilized in pregnancy
- Hyperemesis diet
- Suggested interventions for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy
- Common discomforts of pregnancy
We also provide a wide array of women’s health services designed to address your many needs and concerns, including:
- annual gynecological exams
- contraceptive options
- hormone replacement therapy
- diagnostic procedures and/or treatments for women’s concerns including abnormal pap smears, sexually transmitted diseases, gynecologic cancers, cysts, fibroids and concerns such as incontinence
- surgeries including hysterectomy, laparoscopy, laparotomy and tubal ligation
You can have a hysterectomy with:
- Less pain
- No scars
- Faster recovery
vNOTES (vaginal natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery) is a minimally invasive surgery that eliminates the need for your surgeon to make incisions in your abdomen to perform the surgery. In the vNOTES procedure, your doctor uses specialized instruments inserted through the vagina instead of making incisions in your abdomen. This allows your doctor to gain access to the uterus and/or fallopian tubes and ovaries without any visible scarring.
This new method can also be used to remove ovarian cysts, perform sterilizations including tubal ligation and salpingectomy, and treat pelvic floor prolapse.
Mankato Clinic has OB-GYNs who are specially trained to perform vNOTES procedures. Talk with your Mankato Clinic OB-GYN to see if this procedure is right for you.
Our fertility services provide the latest in infertility evaluation and treatment. As a satellite for three of the leading reproductive clinics in Minnesota, our patients are able to access advanced specialty care and treatment within their own community.
There are many contraceptive options available. Find out more about the options available and choosing the one that is right for you.
You will find these classes offered throughout the year. Click here for dates.
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Newborn Care Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Car Seat Safety
First Step Program
This community initiative links you to free or low-cost services and resources for parents. Learn more.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Main Street Clinic
1230 E Main St., Mankato
507-389-8522 or request an appointment here