Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Quarter Four Grants
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
To thank organizations that are helping support its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $19,475 in grants to five de-serving organizations within the area.
Receiving grants for quarter four are:
- Mankato Area Public Schools District 77 ($2,000) for their medi-cal outreach initiative with Open Door
- The Salvation Army ($5,000) for transportation and medical assistance
- Junior Achievement of Greater Mankato ($1,500) for the JA Biz-Town program
- Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota ($6,000) for the Senior Nutrition Program
- Minnesota Doctors for People ($500) for a medical mission trip
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the Foundation funding as a way to give back to the community by providing support to organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. Since 2008, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1,203,775 in grants and scholarships to worth-while organizations, programs and projects.
The five organizations that received quarter four funding are living out the Foundation’s mission with the work they do and the Mankato Clinic Foundation is proud to support them. Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is Dec. 1, 2015.