Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter Three￼￼￼￼
MANKATO (August 10, 2022) — To support health and wellness in our region, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $14,162 in grants to community organizations during quarter three.
Receiving grants for quarter three are:
- Friends of Learning – Back to School Project ($3,000)
- Minnesota State University Foundation – Maverick Camp Rec & Read Scholarships ($4,662)
- Helping Paws of Minnesota – Service dog for a person with physical disabilities, veteran or first responder with PTSD ($3,000)
- City of Saint Peter – Active Aging Week 2022 ($1,000)
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Elementary School – Every Knight Every Day positive behavior program ($2,500)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadlines are September 1 and December 1.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.