Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter One
February 10, 2022
MANKATO (February 10, 2022) — To support organizations that promote health and well-being, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $107,980 in grants to community organizations during quarter one.
Receiving grants for quarter one are:
- Boy Scouts of America Twin Valley Council – Wilderness First Aid ($1,380)
- Educare Foundation – School and classroom grants ($25,000)
- Feeding Our Communities Partners – Hunger Relief for High School Students ($5,000)
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – First Steps ($35,000)
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – Youth Mental Health Navigator Pilot in Mankato Area Public Schools ($12,500)
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – Project Community Connect ($1,000)
- House of Hope – Staff CPR training ($1,000)
- Junior Achievement Greater Mankato – JA Biztown ($1,000)
- Life Work Planning Center – Women in Transition ($4,000)
- Mankato Youth (MY) Place – ($10,000)
- MRCI – Inclusive Communities ($3,500)
- Saint Peter North Elementary – Fourth Grade Kindness Retreat ($3,600)
- YWCA Mankato – Scholarships for Girls on the Run programs ($5,000)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is March 1, 2022.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.