Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter One
Monday, February 22, 2021
MANKATO (February 23, 2021) — To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $87,000 in grants to community organizations during quarter one.
Receiving grants for quarter one are:
- Greater Mankato Area United Way – First Steps ($35,000)
- Mankato Youth (MY) Place ($10,000)
- The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center – FIT Kids ($2,500)
- The Mac Initiative – Counseling for grieving parents who experience stillbirth or neonatal death ($2,500)
- Life-Work Planning Center – Women in Transition program ($2,500)
- MRCI – Wellness for Individuals with Disabilities ($2,500)
- House of Hope – Restart funding ($2,500)
- Feeding Our Community Partners – Vouchers for Fresh Foods ($5,000)
- YWCA Mankato – Girls on the Run programs ($5,000)
- Educare Foundation – Funding for teachers’ grants ($25,000)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadlines are March 1 and June 1, 2021.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.