Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter One
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $89,334 in grants to deserving organizations within the area during quarter one.
Receiving grants for quarter one are:
- South Central College student scholarships ($10,000)
- Minnesota Council of Churches-Mankato Area Refugee Services ($20,000)
- Greater Mankato Area United Way Project Community Connect ($1,000)
- Leisure Education for Exceptional People scholarships ($2,784)
- Greater Mankato Diversity Council Promoting Respect Workshops ($4,000)
- Greater Mankato Area United Way First Steps ($30,000)
- MRCI Adventure Education scholarships ($1,800)
- Feeding Our Communities Partners ($3,000)
- Maple River West Elementary Positive Behaviors Intervention Supports ($2,500)
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures ($5,000)
- The Salvation Army of Mankato Mobile Outreach Meals ($3,000)
- Minnesota Brain Injury Force ($2,500)
- South Central Service Cooperative SCRUBS Camp scholarships ($750)
- Maple River Loaves and Fishes ($2,000)
- S.S. Boutique Resource Center ($1,000)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community by providing support to organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. Since 2008, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.4 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is March 1, 2019.