Mankato Clinic Foundation Announces Grant Recipients During Quarter Four
MANKATO (October 21, 2021) — To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $28,000 in grants to community organizations during quarter four.
Receiving grants for quarter four are:
- Nicollet Public School – Sensory room ($1,000)
- Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota: Meals for low-income seniors in Mankato area ($5,000)
- JZ Cancer Fund – Men’s health awareness ($3,000)
- NicBlueCares – Online community resource directory ($5,000)
- The Christopher Center – Services for children with autism spectrum disorder ($5,000)
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures – Camp Sweet Life Connects Outreach program ($3,000)
- Little Rubies – Here We Grow Gardening project ($5,000)
- ECHO Food Shelf ($1,000)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is December 1, 2021.
About the Mankato Clinic Foundation
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time, the foundation has expanded its reach by supporting community health events and offering educational health-related programs to the community. The foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians, along with giving by Mankato Clinic staff and the greater Mankato community.