Be Prepared for Your Telehealth Visit
What to Expect from Your Upcoming Telehealth Visits
Telehealth, virtual and video are all used to describe appointments with your healthcare provider that are completed securely through your mobile device or computer. Virtual video visits are a safe and easy alternative for you to consult with your provider or care team without leaving the comfort of your home.
PREPARING FOR YOUR VIRTUAL VIDEO VISIT
Virtual video visit tips:
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is charged or plugged into a power source.
- Establish a secure internet connection with your computer or mobile device. Wired connection is better than wireless (Wi-Fi). Wired or wireless connection is better than cellular data for mobile devices.
- Minimize other websites/applications running on your computer or mobile device while participating in the video visit.
- Find a private space in a quiet, well-lit area without distractions including pets and family members. Take a seat, if possible (so you don’t move).
- Set the camera down at eye level, if possible (rather than holding it).
- Dress as you would if you were being seen in the clinic.
- Have your phone ready in case your care team needs to contact you for any reason.
- Visit our webpage at /telehealth-visits-faqs for tips regarding your telehealth visit.
If using a mobile device
You will need:
- Mobile device with a camera, microphone and speaker.
- Secure internet connection. Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection is better than cellular data.
If using a computer
You will need:
- Computer with a camera, microphone and speaker.
- The latest version of Google Chrome internet browser (best), Firefox or Safari.
- Secure internet connection. Wired connection is better than wireless (Wi-Fi).
PRIVACY: Video visits are done using secure, HIPPA-compliant video connections. Unauthorized recording is not allowed.
***For questions about your scheduled video visit, contact your provider’s office directly.
More information on system requirements by device and a step-by-step guide to connecting to your virtual appointment can be found at this link:
- Windows: Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1, Vista SP2, XP SP3 and above
- Mac: OS X 10.6 and above
- iOS: 11 or later
- Android 5.0 or later
- Google Chrome 67.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 52.0 and above
- Safari 12 and above
- Intel i3 or better
- AMD A8 or better
- RAM: Minimum 2GB
- Memory: No installation or local storage required
- ipad Air 2 or newer
- ipad mini 4 or newer
- iPhone 6 or newer
Android Tablets and Phones
- Android 5.0 or later with sufficient processing power to transcode video