Helping To Build A Healthier Tomorrow
The mission of the Mankato Clinic Foundation is to encourage and support the health and well-being of our community through health initiatives that promote and improve community wellness.
A small, dedicated group of physicians started the Mankato Clinic Foundation in 1965, making it one of the oldest foundations in Minnesota. Since that time the Foundation has expanded its reach by offering educational health-related programs to the community and supporting community health events.
Philanthropy plays a major role in the daily life of the Mankato Clinic. As the Clinic strives to enhance the health of adults and children throughout southern Minnesota, the Foundation is involved in a wide array of activities to raise philanthropic dollars. The Foundation continues to provide funds for medical scholarships and community health care initiatives that raise the awareness of living a healthy life
Annual initiatives made possible by the Mankato Clinic Foundation include community grants, scholarships for students pursuing careers in health, and Project Kindness in Greater Mankato schools. The Foundation receives the majority of its funding from Mankato Clinic physicians; along with giving by Mankato Clinic Staff and the Greater Mankato Clinic community.
Programs of Work that are Making A Difference
- Scholarships to students in post-secondary school entering healthare programs; amid growing national concern that the country’s best medical students will find education costs overwhelming, the Mankato Clinic Foundation is continuing its commitment to support scholarships to attract medical students pursuing careers in medicine. We know that when people are recovering from illness or injury, they want the “best of the best” taking care of them. To help ensure that our brightest students enter the healthcare field, the Foundation’s scholarship program provides financial resources to healthcare students at both the high school and college level based on student merit and financial need
- Community projects and initiatives focused on health care, health education and wellness; community projects focused on improving the quality of life in southern Minnesota with partners such as the American Cancer Society, March of Dimes and American Heart Association
- Project Kindness in Greater Mankato schools, educating students on the importance of random acts of kindness, including lessons on courage, respect, and good sportsmanship
- Partnership in Health in Greater Mankato schools, providing a registered dietician for advice on nutritional guidelines, including health education to school staff, students and parents
- Car Seat Safety Program teaches parents how to avoid mistakes that can put their children at risk by learning basic car seat and child passenger safety
Ways To Give
Your gift today will help our local clinic and medical community fulfill a health care mission in the Mankato area. All donations remain in the local area. You can give to the Mankato Clinic in variety of ways:
- property, securities, and other appreciated assets
- bequests or testamentary trusts
- charitable gift annuities with a return for the remainder of the donor's life
- unitrusts, charitable remainder trusts
- life insurance designations
For more information or to pledge to the Mankato Clinic Foundation, simply click here, print and send pledge card to:
Mankato Clinic Foundation
Attn: Marcia Bahr
1400 Madison Avenue
Mankato, MN 56001
To learn more about the many ways to give, call the Foundation office at (507) 389-8770.