Mankato Clinic has introduced a new patient-friendly model of care called Team-based Care. This means you, as a patient will have a more personalized visit with your provider. Your appointments will now have a Patient Care Coordinator joining you and the provider in the exam room. Below are a few things you can expect:
- Team Based Care will provide you with an entire team of skilled health care professionals who will work together to meet your needs.
- A Patient Care Coordinator will assist your provider by electronically documenting what is discussed at your appointment. This will enable your provider to focus entirely on you during your visit.
- Your needs will often be completely met during your visit but occasionally follow-up may be required. Having a Patient Care Coordinator in the appointment will improve the communication with all providers involved in your care
- This new approach to patient care is designed to ensure you receive preventive health screenings when appropriate and to make sure we follow-up on your chronic health issues as needed.
- Enhanced communication with your care team is important in team-based care. Your Patient Care Coordinator will ask you which method of communication you prefer, such as phone calls or emails via your patient portal. If you don’t have a patient portal account she can help you get it set-up.
- You may receive an email survey on your experience. Please let us know if you do not have a current email address on file with us. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
- Each Team-Based Care team will have a phone number you can call to leave a message or you can email your provider through the portal. Appointments will continue to be made by calling the department directly.
Mankato Clinic providers practicing Team-based Care:
Family Medicine-Wickersham, MankatoWickersham Health Campus Mankato
Family Medicine-Main Street, Mankato
Pediatrics-Children’s Health Center, Mankato