Mankato Clinic will provide equal opportunity to all our employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all equal employment opportunity/affirmative action laws, as well as, other federal, state and local employment legislation.
We will not in any way discriminate or harass any employee or prospective applicant for employment due to race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, affectional preference or status, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to, hiring, recruitment, or recruitment advertising, selection, promotions, demotions, transfer, layoffs, training, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and benefit administration. We believe in the principles incorporated in Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This Act prohibits companies from unlawfully discriminating against otherwise qualified employees or job applicants with disabilities when making employment decisions. We will make employment decisions based on the essential skills and an employee’s or applicant’s abilities, not disabilities.
Mankato Clinic will use its best efforts to afford minority and female business enterprises with the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in the performance of subcontracts for construction projects that this employer engages in. Mankato Clinic fully supports incorporation of non-discrimination and affirmative action rules and regulations into contracts. We actively foster diversity, equity, inclusion and cultural competency through our interactions with patients, coworkers, and the community. This includes creating a leadership team that guides this work for the organization; assessing our recruitment and hiring practices to ensure we are attracting and hiring a diverse workforce; collaborating with organizations that are addressing these issues and learn best practices; engaging providers and employees in this initiative by offering opportunities for them to participate in committees; and working on the development of diversity, equity and inclusion training sessions
Affordable Care Act Grievance Procedure
It is the policy of Mankato Clinic, Ltd. not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Mankato Clinic, Ltd. has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. § 18116) and its implementing regulations at 45 C.F.R. pt. 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in certain health programs and activities.
Section 1557 and its implementing regulations may be examined in the office of Cindy Carpenter, Section 1557 Coordinator, 1230 East Main Street, PO Box 8674, Mankato, MN 507-625-1811, 507-388-3401 email@example.com, who has been designated to coordinate the efforts of Mankato Clinic to comply with Section 1557.
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for Mankato Clinic, Ltd. to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
– Grievances must be submitted to the Section 1557 Coordinator within (60 days) of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
– A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it.
– The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
– The Section 1557 Coordinator shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Section 1557 Coordinator will maintain the files and records of Mankato Clinic, Ltd. relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Section 1557 Coordinator will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
– The Section 1557 Coordinator will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
– The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the Section 1557 Coordinator by writing to the Chief Medical Officer within 15 days of receiving the Section 1557 Coordinator’s decision. The Chief Medical Officer shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
– The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
– Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination. Mankato Clinic, Ltd. will make appropriate arrangements to ensure that individuals with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency are provided auxiliary aids and services or language assistance services, respectively, if needed to participate in this grievance process. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to, providing qualified interpreters, providing taped cassettes of material for individuals with low vision, or assuring a barrier-free location for the proceedings. The Section 1557 Coordinator will be responsible for such arrangements.
Limited English Proficiency- Language Assistive Services
ATTENTION – English: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
ATENCIÓN – Español (Spanish): Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936 (fax).
LUS CEEV – Hmoob (Hmong): Yog tias koj hais lus Hmoob, cov kev pab txog lus, muaj kev pab dawb rau koj. Hu rau 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936 (fax).
XIYYEEFFANNAA – Oroomiffa (Somali): Afaan dubbattu Oroomiffa, tajaajila gargaarsa afaanii, kanfaltiidhaan ala, ni argama. Bilbilaa 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507- 625-1936(fax).
ACHTUNG – Deutsch (German): Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
CHÚ Ý – Việt (Vietnamese): Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936 (fax).
注意 如果您使用繁體中文，(Chinese): 您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
ATTENTION – Français (French): Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
ВНИМАНИЕ – Pусском (Russian): Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
ໂປດຊາບ – Laotian: ຖ້ າວ່ າ ທ່ ານເວ້ າພາສາ ລາວ: ຖ້ າວ່ າ ທ່ ານເວ້ າພາສາ ລາວ, ການບິລການຊ່ ວຍ
ເຫຼ ອດ້ ານພາສາ, ໂດຍໍບເສັ ຽຄ່ າ, ແມ່ ນມພ້ ອມໃຫ້ ທ່ ານ. ໂທຣ 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
-ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. rabicA اتصل برق
1-507-388-6000, 866-565-1511(toll free), 507-388-6913 (fax) (والبكم الصم ھاتف رقم)
ማስታወሻ – Amharic: የሚናገሩት ቋንቋ ኣማርኛ ከሆነ የትርጉም እርዳታ ድርጅቶች፣ በነጻ ሊያግዝዎት ተዘጋጀተዋል፡ ወደ ሚከተለው ቁጥር ይደውሉ (መስማት ለተሳናቸው: 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
ध्यान द – Hindi: यिद आप बोलते ह तो आपके िलए मुफ्त म भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध ह । 1-507- -507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-388-6913 (fax).
Ige nti – Ibo: O buru na asu Ibo asusu, enyemaka diri gi site na call 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
AKIYESI – Yoruba: Ti o ba nso ede Yoruba ofe ni iranlowo lori ede wa fun yin o. E pe ero ibanisoro yi 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax).
주의 – Korean: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다.
1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936 (fax).
របយ័តន – Cambodian ៖ េបើសិនជាអនកនិយាយ ភាសាែខមរ, េសវាជំនួយែផនកភាសា េដាយមិនគិតឈនួល គឺអាចមានសំរាប់បំេរីអនក។ ចូរ ទូរស័ពទ 1-507-625-1811, 800-657-6944(toll free), 507-625-1936(fax)
It is the policy of the Mankato Clinic to protect the rights of patients and to inform them of their rights, as well as responsibilities. This policy is adapted from the 1998 Patients Bill of Rights Act.
Copies of the Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities are posted in prominent areas throughout the Mankato Clinic. Click the link above to be directed to the Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.