Healthy, Thriving Kids
Tips from the doctors who specialize in kids at Mankato Clinic Children’s Health Center:
- Read to your child every day
- Simplify your child’s life to reduce their stress
- A television does not belong in the bedroom
- Spend time together as a family. It is a gift that will last a lifetime.
- Practice respectful listening
- Try not to help too much with homework when they get older
- Encourage free play: play is the “work” of childhood.
- Talk about teen decisions and expectations before they become issues.